Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Ouch- eletrocution

In article , Grimly
Curmudgeon scribeth thus
drugs began to take hold. I remember tony sayer
saying something like:

I used to think so, but a flashover from rail to actual earth via a
branch I threw onto a rail convinced me otherwise. This was about 45
years ago on an 25kV OHL urban system.

U vandal or was this a ligit experiment..

Was about ten at the time, so a bit of both
Curious minds and all that.

Well it was just pennies on the line for us under steamers, but there
were some trees near the lines and on one of them we'd climb and jump
from branch to branch some 50-60 feet above ground level and got away
with it !..

Yoof of today got no bottle at all!, why they just sit inside playin
away on their computers and x-box's and wii's !....
--
Tony Sayer