Martin Warby

Default Binary numbering and how to teach a moron

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:12:54 +0100, BigWallop wrote:

Hi folks,

I am trying to teach a young lad how to set up binary addressable fire
alarm systems and no matter how I explain it, or how much I write it
down or draw it for him, he just can't seem to grasp the concept. Now I
know it is the way I'm trying teach him and not the way he learns (?) so
I'm looking for any suggestions on ways to get this principle over to
him.

He's bright when it comes to learning everything else, so it must be the
way I'm doing it that has him confused. What it the simplest way to
describe this numbering system. I've even given him homework to do,
using the binary system to count to one hundred, but he still gets it
wrong time and time again.

He needs to know how the DIP switches are configured in each detector to
give them a unique number on the control panel. But I'm now tearing my
hair out trying to get it through to him. HELP !!!

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

(http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.525 / Virus Database: 322 -
Release Date: 09/10/03