Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bush joke (parting shot)

On 6/11/2009 11:32 AM spake thus:

On Jun 11, 12:19 pm, RicodJour wrote:

http://costofwar.com/ I don't see that that money was wisely invested
in our future, do you?

I say the money spent on the war in Afghanistan was absolutely the
correct thing to do. That's $190Bil.

Whoa. Stop right there.

So please, tell us just exactly what we got for our $190 B.

o Greater national security? (no)
o "Terrorism" suppressed/obliterated (no)
o People of the world love us more? (no)
o Afghans love us more? (no)
o Secure energy supplies? * (no)
o Giant steps toward world peace? (no)

I say that due to our stupid, adventuristic, totally avoidable, needless
and senseless recent wars (both Iraq and Afghanistan, now morphing into
"Af-Pak"), Al Quaeda has won twice.

First time when they attacked us on 9/11.
Second time when those wars bled the U.S. dry economically.

Nice going there.

(And just to toss you a little bone, I agree that Obama is absolutely no
better than Bush when it comes to foreign policy. Smarter, more
articulate, yes, but still a knee-jerk defender of the American Empire.)

* When folks talk about the fossil fuel in the Middle East as if it
belongs to us by sacred fiat, it always reminds me of one of my favorite
antiwar protest signs:

HOW DID OUR OIL GET UNDER THEIR SAND???