Sumner Sargent

Default Comments on Steel Buildings for Workshop

I just put in a 42 by50 foot thermally insulated,t stele building.
About a half dozen contractors were interview and invited to quote. One
of the middle bidders was selected.

There were cost over runs and the project was behind schedule. The
effort resulted in a very nice hobby shop including a 24 by 24 enclosed
wood shop with a planer, jointer,shaper, cabinet saw, chop saw,panel
saw, classic wood bench and a drill press. The wood shop is a bit
cramped. Still, all the machine items are on casters and that makes up
for the tight quarters.

The building also contains a metal working machine shop, a office/
electronic shop and a weld shop.

If I had everything to do over, I would have written up a much tighter
contract, including a penalty clause for falling behind schedule.