Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ouch- eletrocution (oh deer)

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
Adrian wrote:
(Andrew Gabriel) gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

This one not so lucky...

http://www.ushuntingtoday.com/photos.../accident.html
I'm very surprised that there's not large amounts of vomit all over that
dash...

As I said, 50mph the cars a wreck but you aren't, at 70mph,( is that

A deer hitting you at 50MPH kills you - that was part of one
of the campaigns in one area of driver deaths, where you
couldn't get above 50 anyway just because of the road alone.

Where? modern cars are designed to throw things they hit straight up
over the bonnet curve.

They're designed with little spindly snap-off legs to hold the
body weight at windscreen smashing height,

Er, no, they are not. They are actually in this country not much bigger
than a (pretty) large dog. Now horses..there the body weight IS in line
with the screen.

Also the moose, but we don't have them here.

and the only way
you'd survive that is if you don't hit square on with the body
in front of you. (The one above looks like just the head went
through the windscreen.)

Its a moose anyway allegedly. Much bigger animal. similar to reindeer.
Which is why Volvos...;-)

deer blood or human blood, or both)..could easily decapitate you.

One I read about on the road I used to use was killed by a
crushed chest -- ribs all smashed into all the chest organs.
It's also common to miss the deer, but smash into a tree.

I'd pick the deer probably. Try for a glancing blow. A bit softer than a
tree.

No airbag either..