Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Battery Shelf Life

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

It's wise to try and adjust to the sun's schedule. Go to bed
when it gets dark. That cuts back on your need for
artificial light.

Other, less cheeful thought. I live in NY, but I personally
know of at least two people who have had generators stolen.
F-ing thieves should be shot on sight.(I've been a victim)

Texas Penal Code 9.42 DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land
or tangible, moveable property:

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is
immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's immediate commission of arson, burglary,
robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal
mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing
burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from
escaping with the property...

I imagine the police in Texas probably don't worry too much about
whether you shout "Stop, thief!" out loud, or only to yourself as you're
aiming.

I remember a news story about a police officer shooting
a fleeing felon who had burglarized a home and was shot
as he climbed over a fence. The felon was a nine year
old Negro boy. Of course there was all the screaming
and protesting but the state law allowed for the use of
deadly force against a fleeing felon. One more burglar
who lost his membership in the AAWDS.

TDD