Posted to alt.home.repair
BetaB4 BetaB4 is offline

Default PEX PEX PEX

Thanks. I think that what I am going to end up using. I did a ton of
research on this recently, including trying to find plumbing supply places
in my area who stock and sell Wirsbo/Uponor PEX products. Strangely, no
plumbing supply places in my area stock and sell it (I am in Southern New
Jersey, Camden County). One plumbing supply place nearby can get it in one
day from their Washington warehouse.

I know I can buy the products from http://www.pexsupply.com , but I wanted
to be sure I can also get them at a supplier nearby so that if I am in the
middle of the job and I need something I don't have to order it online and
wait for it to be shipped to me.

fftt wrote:

I highly recommend the WIrsbo /Uponor expander system...ProPEX brass
fittings

I got all the stuff I needed from PEXsupply.com

if you have a crawlspace in which to work & a convenient / logical
place for your manifolds (like garage or basement or place near the
water heater)

homerun system makes good sense

At the angle stops I made up some custom copper drop ear / rear mount
elbow with type L bullets ...they provided more secure mounting for
the PEX & the angle stops

you could also use these with copper male adapters sweated to bullets
http://www.pexsupply.com/ProPEX-Drop-Ear-Elbows-486000

http://www.pexsupply.com/ProPEX-Expa...ittings-363000

http://www.pexsupply.com/ProPEX-Copper-Manifolds-519000

PEXsupply.com seems to have the best website & prices online....free
shipping for large orders

cheers
Bob

I could be convinced to part with my hand expander for a while

transition copper to PEX

http://www.pexsupply.com/ProPEX-Copp...Adapters-62000