Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Decking Ramblings - longish.

dmc wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
dmc wrote:

Yep. Essential for getting the pergola uprights straight as well

Did you build that yourself as well?

Came as a kit from Jacksons

http://preview.tinyurl.com/n49oy5

Bit of alteration but nothing major. Very impressed (again) with
Jacksons - not cheap, but the quality is impressive.

I always reccommend decking oil.

How much does that change the colour? I see there are clear ones and
a range of colours. SWMBO doesn't want to change the colour too much
- I'd personally like it a bit darker (like I have a say!)

The clear one is, well, clear, but like all treatments does darken it
slightly. Similar to seeing the boards dry, then wet after rain.

Ta. Your advice and posts over the years gave me the confidence to
have
a crack at it. Need to sort out the front and build a step now.

Glad to have helped.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk