Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Wood Bath Mat

Jim Yanik wrote:
george lopez georgelopez66[at]gmail[dot]com wrote in
:

Hi All,
I was wondering if anybody has ever used a wooden bath mat. I saw a
nice example in myer and I was wondering if they work well. I was also
wondering if anybody has made one. The ones I have seen for sale in
stores are made from pine that has been stained and sealed. When I did
an internet search I saw some very nice cedar and teak mats. Im sure I
could make one without much hassle. Anyway could anyone think of any
negatives or positives for for the ideas above?
Thanks in advance!

--
george lopez

wet wood;a great place for mold and mildew to grow.

Test drive one in bare feet before you spend a lot of time or money on
it. I always found them less than comfortable, if the ratio of cracks to
boards was too high. Wide boards take forever to dry. Pretty much need a
floor drain- once the wood is saturated, that water has to go somewhere.

--
aem sends...