Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default Wood Bath Mat

On Jun 10, 3:15*pm, Phisherman wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:35:30 -0500, george lopez

georgelopez66[at]gmail[dot]com wrote:
Hi All,
I was wondering if anybody has ever used a wooden bath mat. I saw a nice
example in myer and I was wondering if they work well. I was also wondering
if anybody has made one. The ones I have seen for sale in stores are made
from pine that has been stained and sealed. When I did an internet search I
saw some very nice cedar and teak mats. Im sure I could make one without
much hassle. Anyway could anyone think of any negatives or positives for
for the ideas above?
Thanks in advance!

Cedar, teak, white oak are all good "water" woods. *A good mat should
not slip. *I have a rubber bath mat made from spent tires--but it
rests on a concrete floor. *Rubber may react with vinyl or other
floorings/finishes.

ditto on the teak or cedar......use waterproof glue or SS (blind /
from the bottom) fasteners

SS fasteners I used in a wooden door mat were still "perfect" after
~15 years outside in SoCal

cheers
Bov