Posted to alt.home.repair
BetaB4 BetaB4 is offline

Default PEX PEX PEX

JIMMIE wrote:

I just finished a home that someone else started and had to back out.
I did the basement in copper and transistioned to PEX from there. The
PEX leaves the basement from 3 places making the runs of PEX
relatively short. I transistioned back to Cu at the terminal point
because I dont like floppy cutoff valves. I had also come by a lot of
bits pieces of Cu I wante to use up.

I am just curious..., which brand or type of PEX and fittings did you
use? -- especially for the transitions to and from copper. I may be doing
something similar soon where I will be running new PEX lines in a basement
that will then connect to existing copper lines that go up to the fixtures
etc. I'm considering either the Uponor/Wirsbo expansion PEX fittings or
Viega brand (I think that's what it is called now) and either a cromping
system or a clamping system.

I am also trying to figure out what to use to connect the PEX to the
existing copper.

Thanks.