Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Compressor Leakage

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

"Steve Turner" wrote in message

The first thing coming out of my compressor is a ball and socket cutoff
valve, with the oil/water extractor hanging off of that, followed by the
quick release hose fitting. If I throw the cutoff value to the "off"
position (which I always do when I'm not using it) my compressor will
hold that tank of air until hell freezes over. If not, it will fire up
about once a day (usually at 2:00am in the morning), particularly if a
hose is connected. Those quick-release fittings are not the most
air-tight contraptions on the planet...

Good connectors are much - much better than the cheap stuff you find at
Home Depot (CH), or Harbor Freight. Don't scrimp on connectors, and
expect to have to replace even the good ones every couple/few years,
depending on the amount of use.

Yes! Try to find Milton fittings, I prefer the brass.