Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default aluminium door

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:53:49 +0000, Stuart Noble wrote:
Worth that just to avoid the d-i-y scenario whereby it's supper time and
we still don't have a working back door.

:-) I replaced our front door a few weeks ago, which was quite a hassle as
our house wasn't built when they had any particular standards - so all
modern doors are a bit higher than the opening (width-wise it was OK,
thankfully).

All went well, but making an opening taller whilst keeping things
structurally sound and not destroying half the walls seems to be something
of an art.

I've still got to paint the darn thing and seal around the frame and add
some trim to the interior...

I've seen people try to cut doors and frames down to size before, and it
seems to be one of those things that Never Ends Well.

cheers

Jules