Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.engineering.electrical

Default type of plastic use in UK home electrical fittings

In article ,
mikey wrote:
Strangely most telephone outlets are made of a more flexible
plastic which won't snap in the same way. And goes off white
quite quickly.

You might be thinking of the 55mm x 55mm (LJU1) or 67mm x 67mm
(LJU2) phone socket.

I was installing a couple of the larger 85mm x 85mm phone sockets
(LJU4).

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/btsockets.htm

Standard 1 Gang? Yes - those are the ones I was thinking of. I reckoned
they used a different and stronger plastic due to the sliding cover
mechanism. Although of course this may not apply to all makes.

--
*White with a hint of M42*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.