Posted to alt.home.repair
JJ[_10_] JJ[_10_] is offline

Default Shower pan caulking/grouting Question

I have a house that is ~ 4 years old. The master shower walls are tiled, and
the base of the shower is a SWAN-S-3442 pan. The pan is made from something
they call Veritek. Anyway, the last caulk job on the shower pan was not done
well. It held, but looked bad. So, I had a tile guy come out and re-do the
caulking and fix any grout that needed it.

He left two areas (one on each side of the door side) of the pan without
caulk, and said that those were weep holes (maybe slots). The basic part of
what he said was that it allowed better circulation and less mildew. Here
are pictures of what I'm talking about:

http://home.comcast.net/~johnejones3/s1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~johnejones3/s2.jpg

So, does that sound right? I can do quite a few fixes, but I am far from an
expert on showers/baths.

Thanks