Posted to alt.home.repair
WhiteTea77581 WhiteTea77581 is offline

Default Replacement Windows

On Jun 9, 2:20*pm, Shadow wrote:
I'm in the Texas Gulf Coast area living in a home with over 300 sf of
single pane aluminum frame windows. *While I am blessed to only have
two large sliders get direct afternoon sun, my concrete patio and
drive reflect massive ammounts of heat iinto the living area. *Do I
need low E glass on all the new double pane windows, or only those
that get direct sun. *Looking at several differnt brands. *Any
recommendations with regard to Argon vs. Krypton, or no gas fill?
Having watched several neighbors have windows changed out I am about
as concerned about the install as the difference in window companies.
I haven't looked at this group in a long time, so I hope this is not a
repeditive question. *Thanks

Using solar screens blocks the sun and gives extra security if you use
screws that use a special bit.
screws.

Use the same type of screw in all windows to make removal easier.

Andy