Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacement Windows

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 15:20:16 -0500, Shadow wrote:

I'm in the Texas Gulf Coast area living in a home with over 300 sf of
single pane aluminum frame windows. While I am blessed to only have
two large sliders get direct afternoon sun, my concrete patio and
drive reflect massive ammounts of heat iinto the living area. Do I
need low E glass on all the new double pane windows, or only those
that get direct sun. Looking at several differnt brands. Any
recommendations with regard to Argon vs. Krypton, or no gas fill?
Having watched several neighbors have windows changed out I am about
as concerned about the install as the difference in window companies.
I haven't looked at this group in a long time, so I hope this is not a
repeditive question. Thanks

Go Loew E 2 (low e squared) with Argon fill and insulated spacers.