Posted to alt.home.repair
BetaB4 BetaB4 is offline

Default PEX PEX PEX

PEX can be run either way -- either the manifold/home-run system or the
daisy-chain system. I think one reason for the manifold/home-run approach
is that it maintains water better pressre to an individual fixture than a
daisy-chain setup does when another fixture is in use at the same time.

I've been researching PEX for a while now and will be using it soon for the
first time in a remodel that I have going on in a property I own.

Here are a few video links that I thought were helpful:

Plumbpedia 4 PEX Water Pipe Part 1 (time 6:50):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZyVrw4gV5k

Plumbpedia 4 PEX Water Pipe Part 1 (time 6:50):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJMKVGSFc-Y&NR=1

PEXsupply.com - 6 types of PEX connections (time 8:35):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwvAzcJpM0k

RJ wrote:
I'm just edging into the world of PEX water pipe.

I'm accustomed to the daisy-chain
copper pipe installations,
where the main feed might be 3/4",
local runs 1/2" and sink connections 3/8".

The PEX installations I see all have a "manifold",
then individual pipe runs to each faucet.

Is there a reeason for this ? Can't be more efficient.
Or is it just "chancy" to daisy-chain PEX ??