Posted to rec.woodworking
Matt Matt is offline

Default Compressor Leakage

Because it is so new, have you checked the drain on the bottom?
Typically these not closed tight on new tanks. Being located on the bottom,
you may have not noticed it or forgotten to tighten it down.

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message ..
I have a new Campbell Hausfeld 60 gal. compressor that doesn't want to
maintain any pressure over a period of time. If I run the compressor
and bring it up to pressure, then turn off the motor, within 48 hours
the pressure is down below 20 psi. Obviously, there is a leak
somewhere in one of the connections, or in the tank itself.

Can't comment on your compressor setup, but I do know that rubber tires
leak
air over a period of time. For a start, you might want to disconnect all
hoses and fittings to see if there's still leakage. If there isn't, then
you'll have a specific area to examine.