Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Compressor Leakage

"Mike" wrote in message ..
I have a new Campbell Hausfeld 60 gal. compressor that doesn't want to
maintain any pressure over a period of time. If I run the compressor
and bring it up to pressure, then turn off the motor, within 48 hours
the pressure is down below 20 psi. Obviously, there is a leak
somewhere in one of the connections, or in the tank itself.

Can't comment on your compressor setup, but I do know that rubber tires leak
air over a period of time. For a start, you might want to disconnect all
hoses and fittings to see if there's still leakage. If there isn't, then
you'll have a specific area to examine.