Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting Mosaic Tile Pieces

On 6/9/2009 10:44 AM spake thus:

Anybody have suggestions on how to cut those little (1" x 1") tiles
that come bonded to a mesh backer? My area to be tiled doesn't work
out to an even inch boundary (surprise!). These seem to be Turkish
marble if that makes a difference. I've cut bigger ceramic tiles
before by scoring and snapping, but I don't see how to do that on
something this small. Ditto with a wet saw.

Don't need a production line solution, only a few (!) to do.

Diamond disk in a dremel??

Nope. Wet saw.

Trick is to figure out how to hold small pieces on the saw. (Best saw to
use is the type where the work is stationary and the blade moves past
it.) If you're not secure holding the piece with your fingers, get some
small scraps of thin wood, Masonite, plywood, whatever, to use as clamps.