Posted to alt.home.repair
cm[_2_] cm[_2_] is offline

Default cracks on new concrete slab ?

Here in Arizona we have a state run agency called the "registrar of
contractors" they have set guidelines on what is acceptable and what is not.
Usually very cut and dry rules. Find out who your state agency is and get
them involved. Your concrete will not get better, it will get worse and
possibly effect the whole project.

cm

"fredinstl" wrote in message
Hello all,

I would appreciate if you could share with me your thoughts, regarding
a remodeling I just completed on my 1 story ranch, slab/no basement in
St Louis MO: extending a 1 car garage into a 2 car garage.

They got rid of the old slab (on the one car garage) and then poured a
new one for the 2 car garage 19' x 19'.
After less than a month, it has now 4 cracks (cracks 1 to 3 intersects
in middle):
1- from North wall going South of garage: 5' long, from 1/4" to 1/16"
wide
2- from West wall going East: 11' long, from 1/8" to 1/16" wide
3- from East wall going West: 12' long, 1/8" to 1/16" wide
4- from Entrance (South) going North: 7' long, 1/32" wide

you can see pictures the
http://picasaweb.google.com/fredinst...JuMvNyXzfGIKA#

My contractors talked to the concrete guy and here what he is
proposing:
1/ fix the cracks with caulking etc...
2/ wait one year, if it gets worse: redo the whole slab, and if it
doesn't get worse: fix the cracks as in 1/

Not sure what my expectations should be ? Should I ask to redo it
now ?
thanks.
Fred