Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_2_] Steve Turner[_2_] is offline

Default Compressor Leakage

Mike Marlow wrote:
"Steve Turner" wrote in message

The first thing coming out of my compressor is a ball and socket cutoff
valve, with the oil/water extractor hanging off of that, followed by the
quick release hose fitting. If I throw the cutoff value to the "off"
position (which I always do when I'm not using it) my compressor will hold
that tank of air until hell freezes over. If not, it will fire up about
once a day (usually at 2:00am in the morning), particularly if a hose is
connected. Those quick-release fittings are not the most air-tight
contraptions on the planet...

Good connectors are much - much better than the cheap stuff you find at Home
Depot (CH), or Harbor Freight. Don't scrimp on connectors, and expect to
have to replace even the good ones every couple/few years, depending on the
amount of use.

I'm sure, but since I'm not constantly relying on my compressor all day
every day I just throw the cutoff valve and don't much worry about it.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/