Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] someone@anywhere.com is offline

Default What is used as a connector to a boat gas tank?

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 04:16:18 -0500, Jimw wrote:

Sort of off topic.....

I got one of those 5 gallon gas tanks that are portable and are used
for boating. I'm not going to use it for boating, it's for testing
engines, so I dont have to connect a car gas tank, which is not real
safe. These tanks are made for portability as well as safety. I've
noticed they use them in demolition derby cars too.

My question is that when I bought this used tank, it only has a filler
cap, and a hole where a person connects the gas line. But that hole
has ridges around it, so there has to be some sort of connector that
goes into it, to connect the fuel line. That piece is missing. My
guess is that some boating place would have them, but there are no
boat dealers nearby, so I'll have to mail order it. But what do I
look for? What are they called? Anyone know?

Thanks

Jimw

I'd save yourself some grief and purchase a new plastic tank, it will
come complete with everything. All the new portable tanks are plastic
now as a safty measure.

Go to westmarine online, they have a nice selection of portable tanks.