Mark & Juanita

Default Price of Batteries

In article ,
says...
I'll keep this short. I live in UK. I have a cordless Bosch 24v combie
drill. Gets heavy daily use. 3 years old, batteries no longer hold
charge. Searched internet for UK suppliers of replacement batteries. I
need 2. Best price - £120 each - check my maths, that makes £240 for two
new batteries. Searched internet again for new drill. Came up with the
same Bosch drill - latest version - with three, yes three, batteries
thrown in for only £264. So I bought a new drill.

Whats going on? - does this occur in USA?

Yep, I have a 14.4 v Porter Cable, about 4 years old. The batteries
have started to die, one won't hold a charge, the other doesn't last
very long. Best price I can find for a single battery is $54, for two,
that's $128. I could have replaced it with a Porter Cable for $169 (I
wound up "upgrading" to a Milwaukee for a bit more). I decided that the
batteries were not worth it because I had already shaken some plastic
pieces out of the PC a couple of years ago. I think they were
associated with a part that guides the forward/reverse switch.
Although apparently not critical to operation since I have been using
the drill for a couple of years after the part broke, I did not have a
warm fuzzy that the drill would last long enough to justify the battery
purchase.