Posted to alt.home.repair
nefletch nefletch is offline

Default Self Inflicted Wound

Just suck the water out so you can see it. You can dry
it out with rags if you wish. Go to a big box store,and
buy a cheap, very long set of needle nose pliars ( they
make them 6 to 8 inches long, and pick it right out. These
long needle nose pliars come in very handy at times, you
won't regret having them.

"Mark" wrote in message
news
I can't picture how a plug that was intended to fit snugly into the drain
'sank to the bottom.
"ca****cher" wrote in message
I have a 1970's house. A few years ago while cleaning the basement floor
drain I accidentally kicked the cleanout plug into the drain. It sank and
couldn't be retrieved. In the summer I now have to leave the drain
cleanout partially open to allow the air conditioner condensate to drain.
This sometimes creates odor problems on windy days. Is there a
recommended process for removing an obstruction in a floor drain? I'm
guessing that this is not an unusual circumstance.

Ca****cher