Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark[_8_] Mark[_8_] is offline

Default Self Inflicted Wound

I can't picture how a plug that was intended to fit snugly into the drain
'sank to the bottom.
"ca****cher" wrote in message
I have a 1970's house. A few years ago while cleaning the basement floor
drain I accidentally kicked the cleanout plug into the drain. It sank and
couldn't be retrieved. In the summer I now have to leave the drain
cleanout partially open to allow the air conditioner condensate to drain.
This sometimes creates odor problems on windy days. Is there a recommended
process for removing an obstruction in a floor drain? I'm guessing that
this is not an unusual circumstance.

Ca****cher