Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Bob Big Bob is offline

Default cracks on new concrete slab ?

Also pics 8, 9, and 10 look deep as well as wide. don't mess with caulking,
you'll never be happy

"fredinstl" wrote in message
Hello all,

I would appreciate if you could share with me your thoughts, regarding
a remodeling I just completed on my 1 story ranch, slab/no basement in
St Louis MO: extending a 1 car garage into a 2 car garage.

They got rid of the old slab (on the one car garage) and then poured a
new one for the 2 car garage 19' x 19'.
After less than a month, it has now 4 cracks (cracks 1 to 3 intersects
in middle):
1- from North wall going South of garage: 5' long, from 1/4" to 1/16"
wide
2- from West wall going East: 11' long, from 1/8" to 1/16" wide
3- from East wall going West: 12' long, 1/8" to 1/16" wide
4- from Entrance (South) going North: 7' long, 1/32" wide

you can see pictures the
http://picasaweb.google.com/fredinst...JuMvNyXzfGIKA#

My contractors talked to the concrete guy and here what he is
proposing:
1/ fix the cracks with caulking etc...
2/ wait one year, if it gets worse: redo the whole slab, and if it
doesn't get worse: fix the cracks as in 1/

Not sure what my expectations should be ? Should I ask to redo it
now ?
thanks.
Fred