Posted to alt.home.repair

Default stop bed from rocking

Needs some kind of triangular brace. Don't know enough to be
able to reccomend something.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Me" wrote in message
my bed has a poor design, had i realized it then i wouldn't
have
bought it. so, it sways, but not a little, i could get
seasick just
from my dog jumping on it. the swaying is lengthwise.
the design is simple but poor. the head and foot boards have
perpendicular pieces of metal with a U in them. the angle
iron side
bars each have a button on them. the button goes into the U
and voila,
a swaying bed!

Right now I have 2 of the legs held together in a truck
tie-down. is
there anything better to do this with (needs mechanical
tightener or
another method? i already tried shims but that more for side
to side
motion.

thank you!