Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Ouch- eletrocution

In message , Fredxx
writes

"jake" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 11:26:05 +0100, "Fredxx" wrote:

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
a.com...
http://tinypic.com/r/amvbbt/5

£50 says he will not be doing that again.

Adam

Sad that it's perfectly legal to download and watch this clip, yet a
similar
clip of young children running around on a beach would put you behind
bars.
One where someone dies is perfectly ok,

No-one said "it's perfectly ok". In fact the OP could have (and imho
should have) put a warning to the effect of the real content. An
irresponsible post because of this - yes. Many people will have been
affected in a bad way having witnessed this. Just take a look at the
followups and the number that have (as per human nature) tried to
trivialize or make a joke about it. Many of these are probably
shocked (no pun etc) and covering up with a macho comment.

I do not suggest that such a post should be "banned" btw - just that
warning of content should have been posted. What if some young kids
watched this?

As to photgraphing kids - yes it is a great shame when anyone who
enjoys watching kids play & growing in a totally innocent way - is an
instant pervert. This attitude is of course due to a) real perverts
b) the rabid feminist movement eg bbc etc. It is amazing how many of
the so-called "protectors" like priests and teachers have molested
kids.

The two event above are of course - unrelated.

To be fair to the OP, there was a mention of electrocution and anyone with
any intelligence would suss out what was going to happen from the first few
seconds of the clip.

The point I made was that even given a warning, I can legally download a
clip watching someone die.

However, if the OP pointed to a link and said something like "Children
playing nude on a beach", and I had downloaded the clip, at the very least
if the authorities knew, I would lose my PC for months or possibly years. I
would most likely be threatened with at least a caution or further
prosecution.

Haven't there been some attempted prosecutions under the terrorism act
of people having visited various sites?

This means that you could maybe hear "ricin" mentioned on the news,
looked it up, looked at a site containing bomb making information etc
and get a knock on the door

yes, madness mixed with paranoia

--
geoff