Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
fftt fftt is offline

Default Where buy high quality low voltage landscape lights ?

On Jun 7, 8:45*am, "James" no wrote:
I have used 12 volt landscape lights for about seven years. * During this
time, I have used various light fixtures from Home Depot and Lowe's. *Some
seem pretty low quality, some appear pretty decent at first. * But, they all
leak after a few years.

I have also tried more "upscale" lights from a lighting dealer, *costing in
the range of $90 per fixture. * *They also leak after a few years. *I see
NO difference in quality of the "upscale" fixtures at $90 than what I buy at
the big box stores at $15 *each. * No difference whatsoever. * (Generally
speaking, I am a believer in the saying that you get what you pay for. *This
does not appear to be the case with low voltage landscape lights).

Do any of you have experience with the long term use of *low voltage
landscape lights, and have you found decent fixtures with good seals, so
that they don't leak after a few years ? * If so, what brand/ *store / etc
would you suggest that I try ??

Thanks *for any comments or advice *!!

James

James-

My limited expericence is the same.

as per other posts, my opinion all LV fixtures are junk

I would suggest (worth a try) sealing the fixtures prior to
installation with silicone seal OR if you want to try & maintain dis-
assembly as an option.....a heavy application of silicone grease

IMO the only thing going for LV lighting is; fast & cheap to install
I tell people that their new LV installation will require ongoing /
never ending maintenance

the solar ones are kinda wimpy on the output & as near as I can tell
the batteries cannot be replaced...but they are hard to for ease of
install & maintentance

cheers
Bob