Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Where buy high quality low voltage landscape lights ?

"willshak" wrote:

I don't think the OP is talking about solar powered lights.
However I was in HD or Lowes last week and I saw solar powered lights that
said the batteries are regular AA rechargeables.
The problem I've had with solar powered lights is that the solar panel
plastic turns milky and gets hairline cracks. I've gone so far as to buff
the lenses and coated them with Future floor finish, but it doesn't last..

It was only a week ago and you don't know if you were in Home Depot or
Lowe's... something is terribly amiss with your perceptive ability. Sounds
more like you futzed with buffing and coating your lamp's solar panels when
new out of the box, thinking you'd improve them, instead you destroyed them.
Mine have been operating perfectly for nearly seven years and show no
crazing or opaqueness whatsoever, and the only cleaning they get is from
when it rains.

This photo was taken like a week ago, my solar panels look exactly like when
brand new:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ivuhz.jpg

Btw, anyone know the name of that plant, I would appreciate it, I can't
remember and the tag is lost.