Posted to alt.home.repair
BillGill BillGill is offline

Default video security needed

iwdplz wrote:
I highly recommend the Panasonic BL-C111A (ethernet cable) or BL-C131A
(wireless) network security cameras. You can record motion capture and
view remotely across the Internet. The biggest reason I recommend these
is because they are highly reliable. I've installed around a dozen of
them and none has ever failed. A premium model that costs a bit more is
the Panasonic BB-HCM511A which is their business line version with
better low-light sensitivity and dynamic color range.

If you have Windows Vista you can have a view from the camera on your
desktop so you can always see what's happening out of the corner of your
eye. Use this Sidebar Gadget:

http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDeta...a-651a1c096926

Just as an aside. You might want to be a bit cautions with the wireless
cameras. There was a story on the news on Channel 6 here in Tulsa a while
back. It seems that somebody bought one for a backup camera for his car.
Then while he was driving down the street he kept seeing images from
other security cameras. There was even one from somebody who had one
set up to watch the baby. You probably need to spring for the unit that
scrambles the picture.

Bill