Posted to uk.d-i-y
PCPaul PCPaul is offline

Default Ouch- eletrocution

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 14:13:56 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , Mike Tomlinson
scribeth thus
In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

Did you see the guy in China that was threatening to jump off a bridge
and a member of the public climbed up and shoved him?

Yes, I thought "good on you mate!" The backstory is that the bridge was
a popular spot for suicides and the traffic was stopped each time
someone decided to do themselves in, and the travelling public were
getting fed up with all the delays.

I sincerely hope Mike that you never suffer from depression which has to
be experienced to be believed. Not just the ****ed off 'cos I have to go
into work when I don't want, or my teams lost the footer but full blown
clinical depression.

People in their normal state of mind just don't deliberately kill
themselves.

I'm with you, *but* in the China case AIUI it was more of a protest than
a genuine suicide attempt. And he did push him off safely into a waiting
airbag, which the 'jumper' could have avoided if he jumped off under his
own steam...