Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default video security needed

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"iwdplz" wrote:

I highly recommend the Panasonic BL-C111A (ethernet cable) or BL-C131A
(wireless) network security cameras. You can record motion capture and view
remotely across the Internet. The biggest reason I recommend these is
because they are highly reliable. I've installed around a dozen of them and
none has ever failed. A premium model that costs a bit more is the
Panasonic BB-HCM511A which is their business line version with better
low-light sensitivity and dynamic color range.

Not the OP- but do you know where I could see a comparison between the
$30 dollar and the $300 cameras?

I might try a cheapy for a wildlife cam if it is good enough--- I'd
have to do some real 'rationalization before I spent $300, though.

Jim

The problem with the Mickey Mouse junk is that it often lulls folks into
thinking they have something usable just because they see video. A
friends friend put one of those sams club "all this for $499" or
whatever packages in his business. I politely pointed out he had wasted
his money because even though he thought it "looked good" the actual
image quality was poor. Some time later his shop got burglarized and
trashed by riff raff. When they looked at the video and actually tried
to get something usable by enlarging the images there was just nothing
usable because of the low quality images.