DJ Delorie

Default Price of Batteries

"Morgans" writes:
Yep. I say, go to a RC supplier, like tower hobbies, and buy new
cells, cut your pack apart, and replace them yourself. Cut the case
with a cutoff wheel in a dremmell, and put it back together with J B
Weld.

Or buy a cheap drill - my battery packs have screws and disassemble
easily, and I plan on replacing the cells when they go bad (15 3Ah
NiMH SC's = $45).

However, I did buy a smart charger from www.helihobby.com - a Triton.
I can charge my drill in under 20 minutes :-) It hooks on to a 12v
battery, which is a plus and a minus - at home I have to go to the
garage to charge the battery, but if I'm somewhere else, I don't have
to find a 120v outlet to charge it. It also has cycling and testing
built in, so I'll *know* when the batteries are ready to be replaced.
And the one charger can charge any of my rechargable tools.

Cheapest cells I've found so far are at www.batteryspace.com A 2100
mAh SubC NiCd is only $4, or $20 for a 10 pack.