Peter Ashby

Default Binary numbering and how to teach a moron

In article ,
"BigWallop" wrote:

Exactly ! But with other calculus he's brilliant and this has only been
brought to my attention with the amount of complaints from other engineers
that are following him up to do the commissioning. Back to the drawing
board. :-))

if he objects there is no 2 in binary then point out we have no digit
for base ten either. We make one out of combining a 1 to say we have 1
lot of ten and a 0 to say we have no lots of ones. Whereas Eleven is
made up of a 1 in the tens column and a 1 in the ones column. Then
extend to hundreds and thousands. Once he has the concept that we use
column keepers in base ten it might be easier for him to get the concept
in binary.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.