Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Ouch- eletrocution

On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 20:11:58 +0100, andrew wrote:

I would like to know how to snatch this video in case it is allowable as
a pts training video.

When I want to grab a copy of a flash video I keep my browser on the page
with the video in it (as if I were going to play it again) and look in my
temporary directory for the saved copy of the file. On my Linux systsem
that's easy: it's in /tmp and usually called FlashXYZABC or something
obvious like that, and also has a very recent timestamp. Then I copy that
to where I want it and convert it if I want to, to say divx avi with a
utility called flv2avi which I found somewhere but it's just a wrapper for
ffmpeg or mencoder (I forget which).

In windoze you'd have to look somewhere under C:\Documents and
Settiings\Temporary ... something or other. But the file converters should
be available for windows too.

--
John Stumbles

Time flies like an arrow