Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Ouch- eletrocution

In article , PeterC
scribeth thus
On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 12:54:51 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

Did you see the guy in China that was threatening to jump off a bridge and a
member of the public climbed up and shoved him?

Yes, I thought "good on you mate!" The backstory is that the bridge was
a popular spot for suicides and the traffic was stopped each time
someone decided to do themselves in, and the travelling public were
getting fed up with all the delays.

I've always though that those who jump off bridges, in front of trains,
etc. are selfish *******s. Someone's gotta clean up the mess, and I
feel sorry for train drivers that have that happen to them.

Also holds up the trains.

My last GF said that there's no point in trying to stop the train as the
wheels go through people very easily. She's had to try and repair the
damage on some who didn't make a proper job of it.

Some time ago there was a man round here who had terrible leg pain so
much so he put it on the line to have it cut off as the doctors couldn't
do anything about it such was his misery and desperation of long term
pain day in day out...
--
Tony Sayer