Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default Ouch- eletrocution

dennis@home wrote:
"David Hansen" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 16:18:15 +0100 someone who may be Owain
wrote this:-

Apart from matey on the roof, it was quiet, clean and well organised
compared to Glasgow Queen St on a Saturday night.

People sometimes climb on the roof of passenger trains at stations
in the UK, generally while drunk though not always. Even without an
overhead electrical supply this is dangerous, due to the height and
unforgiving nature of the line one may land on. With an overhead
electrical supply this is a version of Russian roulette, a version
with all but one of the chambers of the revolver loaded.

A pupil at the school my daughter went to was stupid enough to clime
on a train in Bescot sidings.

He had serious burns but did survive to return to school.

Bescot sidings! Crumbs, this explains things.An area of the country that
folk need a mega £ inducement to visit. No wonder that you have problems
understanding issues. In a former employment, I recruited travelling folk to
graze their horses on the organisation's land to protect the assests from
ravages of local inhabitants.

Dennis, you require our support to understand how to travel on roads these
days.