Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx Fredxx is offline

Default Ouch- eletrocution

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
geoff wrote:

£50 says he will not be doing that again.

Three thoughts;

We are better off without his genes in the pool.

Why do they allow people on the roof of a train?

Allow? You've not been to India, have you? That was a quiet,
clean, well organised station by Indian standards.

Doesn't matter if I've been there or not. Allowing people to
travel on the roof of a train is a ****ing stupid idea anywhere
in the world.
You are coming from completely the wrong angle

Its not a question of not allowing them, its a matter of how do
you stop them

As I said in an earlier post, we manage to stop 300 million
Americans & 700 million Europeans riding on top of trains.

Who is "we" ?

Americans & Europeans?

And when did we ever have a culture of riding on train roofs?

Exactly, we always knew it was a daft idea.

We also have a guide called the highway code which tells people how
they should drive on the roads

I know, Dennis wrote it.

If you went to India and expected to be able to drive in accordance
with the HC, you would be dead within the hour, no high voltage
power line required

Just cos thats the way they do it doesn't make it the right way to
do it.

Are you being deliberately obtuse here ?

Obtuse as in "not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect; not
sensitive or observant; dull."

Then no.

I regard the Indian nation as highly cultured & intelligent, a culture
which preceedes ours by thousands of years. I have a great deal of
respect for India.

I simply can't see why the Indian authorities allow such stupidly
dangerous situations to occur in the first place, when they are clearly
such an intelligent race.

Riding on train roofs, hanging onto the outside of buses, driving like
maniacs is clearly insane behaviour from a culured & intelligent nation.

It's simple. For centuries they believed in the caste system, where
individuals would be reborn, possibly into a better life. If you believe
you might be better off in the next life, this one doesn't matter so much.
Life is cheap in India, especially for the lower castes.