Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Pool pump noise

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 10:20:05 -0400, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

The Jacuzzi pool pump (1 h.p. about 5 years old) makes a
different noise this season:
1. Runs faster (22 to 24 p.s.i. indicated, formerly 15 p.s.i.; but
the pressure gauge is faulty, e.g. shows 8 p.s.i. when no pressure.)
I first thought this was due to new pipe connectors in an improved layout.
2. High-pitched metallic whine which is new. The pump made a
perceptible noise in earlier seasons, that I cannot now remember
exactly, but something like the house's (shallow) well-water pump
It now sounds like a cheap clockwork toy overspeeding.

Does this suggest any likely cause or remedy? Rotor bearings?

Does it sound like this motor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1mWy939AAc