Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Dryer outlet problem

"RBM" wrote in message

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I have a question on the 220V dryer outlet I have.

The outlet is a three prong outlet. The middle top one is straight slot,
the other two at the bottom are angled. My older dryer plug matches
that.

My new dryer also has a 3 prone plug, but the top prone is a little "L
shaped" prong. Is this unusual does it mean I need a new outlet or some
adaptor?

Thanks in advance,

MC

Your newer dryer plug is a dryer plug. your older one, with the three
straight blades, is an range plug

My range plug is three straight blades, but they are all oriented
"north-south". The three straight blades on my dryer plug is not all in the
same direction. The top middle one is oriented "north-south" but the other
two are angled.

The new plug has the same two bottom blades, just the top middle one is "L"
shaped.

MC