Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Dryer outlet problem

Hipupchuck wrote:
MiamiCuse wrote:
I have a question on the 220V dryer outlet I have.

The outlet is a three prong outlet. The middle top one is straight
slot, the other two at the bottom are angled. My older dryer plug
matches that.

My new dryer also has a 3 prone plug, but the top prone is a little "L
shaped" prong. Is this unusual does it mean I need a new outlet or
some adaptor?

Thanks in advance,

MC

Just flatten out that "L" on an anvil with a hammer or vise. Plug
manufacturers are always trying to frig with the public.

Yea, what a dumb idea to have receptacle configurations that disallow
wrong connections.