Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Ouch- eletrocution

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 15:39:10 +0100 someone who may be geoff
wrote this:-

And when did we ever have a culture of riding on train roofs?

In the case of the UK, in the early days of railways. People were
used to riding on the roof of stagecoaches and they were also used
to jumping off stagecoaches to retrieve a hat which had blown off.
The new-fangled trains seemed little different, though they ran on
iron rails and had an iron horse to propel them. The rules of early
railway companies banning such things seemed quaint even 100 years
ago, but they were written for a reason.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh