Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Ouch- eletrocution

In article , Mike Tomlinson
scribeth thus
In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

Did you see the guy in China that was threatening to jump off a bridge and a
member of the public climbed up and shoved him?

Yes, I thought "good on you mate!" The backstory is that the bridge was
a popular spot for suicides and the traffic was stopped each time
someone decided to do themselves in, and the travelling public were
getting fed up with all the delays.

I've always though that those who jump off bridges, in front of trains,
etc. are selfish *******s. Someone's gotta clean up the mess, and I
feel sorry for train drivers that have that happen to them.

I sincerely hope Mike that you never suffer from depression which has to
be experienced to be believed. Not just the ****ed off 'cos I have to go
into work when I don't want, or my teams lost the footer but full blown
clinical depression.

People in their normal state of mind just don't deliberately kill
themselves.

Next time your at the station just think how would you need to feel to
jump into the path of an oncoming train?..

And yes I know what its -like- for a train driver. I met one at an
inquest once and no its not a very pleasant experience for the poor
sod's who have to collect the bits afterwards either..

--
Tony Sayer