Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Me again with the fridge problem

Art Todesco wrote:
Ken wrote:
Question wrote:
Yes, the fan is working. I am going to start changing parts that are
related to the problem, starting with the Defrost timer. Anyone know
where I can locate this? I have searched the fridge with no luck.
Thanks in advance.

I have purchased the new timer, I can't find anything that resembles
it in the fridge, unless they gave me the wrong one. My fridge model
# is GSS201EMA and it is GE.

My refrigerators always had the timer mounted on the back of the
unit.

Mine was at the top, but it was a built-in KitchenAid. The compressor and
condenser coil were also on the top, so I'm probably not much help here.
My new time looked very different from the broken one and in addition it
worked somewhat differently.

I've seen the timers at the bottom behind the grill, mounted
high or low on the back and next to the interior thermostat.

TDD