Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ge clarifies the instructions.

Charlie wrote:
Well, today a pair of 40 watt fluorescents in the kitchen finally gave up an
quit.
So off I went to my local big box store and bought a 2-pack of replacements.
I put them in and they worked .

OK, what to do with the old ones?

On the little cardboard piece that holds the two tubes together in the store
GE has the following statement.

"environmentally responsible-meets Federal EPA regulations for normal
disposal"

Then on another panel on the same piece of cardboard is this statement.

"Hg - LAMP CONTAINS MERCURY" (their caps)
And below that "Manage in Accord with Disposal Laws"

I wonder if anybody at GE reads this stuff. Maybe the last guy with a brain
got laid off and no one left there can read.

My waste disposal company says to bring them to the hazard material drop-off
location. I will do that.

Charlie

Around here, you can rid yourself of toxic trash by
wrapping it with gift wrap, putting a bow on it and
leaving it in plain sight on a porch, in the bed of
a pickup or in an unlocked car. A member of AAWDS
will inevitably carry it away for you.

TDD