Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Larter Bob Larter is offline

Default Why can't electronics on new washers & dryers be tougher?

Sylvia Else wrote:
William R. Walsh wrote:
Hi!

Yes, and maybe the real problem was that the price asked
for the replacement part would make the repair uneconomic.

When I called GE Appliances, the people I spoke to were professional
and courteous. They really tried to help. I cannot fault them. A
control panel was the smallest part of the assembly available. Daewoo
built the oven for them, so this doesn't come as a terrible surprise.

Ah, yes, now that's a slightly different problem. Were I to find myself
in that situation, and seek to take GE to court over their failure to
support their product, they'd presumably point to the spare control
panel, and claim that they were supporting it.

Ayup. That's pretty much how it works. Back when I worked for Canon,
that sort of situation used to crop up regularly.