Posted to alt.home.repair
Me Me is offline

Default stop bed from rocking

On Jun 6, 1:27*am, Tony Hwang wrote:
Me wrote:
my bed has a poor design, had i realized it then i wouldn't have
bought it. so, it sways, but not a little, i could get seasick just
from my dog jumping on it. the swaying is lengthwise.
the design is simple but poor. the head and foot boards have
perpendicular pieces of metal with a U in them. the angle iron side
bars each have a button on them. the button goes into the U and voila,
a swaying bed!

Right now I have 2 of the legs held together in a truck tie-down. is
there anything better to do this with (needs mechanical tightener or
another method? i already tried shims but that more for side to side
motion.

thank you!

Hi,
Sorry to say this but case of a combination of a person with BMI problem
and El Cheapo bed?

You ass, I'm right in the middle of my proper weight range, an active
climber and hiker, and i made under $20k a year. i couldn't afford a
new bed. don't judge without knowing!